The YCAN Tripartite Board is seeking candidates to run for the election to the Board, as a representative of low-income individuals and families in Big Horn, Washakie, and Hot Springs Counties and Private Sector officials or member of business, industry, labor, religious, welfare, non-profit organizations, education, law enforcement, heath care, and/or other major groups of interest public or private in the communities served will make up the balance of the Board of Directors.
- The Federal CSBG Act has no requirement and no requirement exists that reps be low-income themselves. However, it’s important to have as many low-income individuals as possible serve in some capacity even if on an advisory council since the intent is to represent the voice of the low-income people served as they likely know best their needs.
- All Board Positions are volunteer unpaid appointments, Board members may NOT be recipients of any grant contracts or assistance form our organization or our subcontracts for 2 years prior to running for election and may not receive funding from these sources 1 year after leaving the board to avoid any conflicts of interest.
Requirements for candidacy include:
- Must reside in Hot Springs, Big Horn, and/or Washakie County
Must be able to represent the low-income population of the county the run to represent,
To run as Low- Income Individual must be at or below 100% the federal poverty level, if not low-income Individual must be able to represent low-income families and individuals. Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be able to participate actively in the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs serving the low-income community.
The following constitute a conflict of interest and are ineligible to become a Board Member:
- Current employees or board members of a human service agency that acts as a CSBG sub-contractor. Relative (immediate family, i.e., parents, children, grandparents, in-laws) of an employee, board member, or client receiving funds provided by the Corporation within two years of a human service provider agency that act as a CSBG sub-contractor.
Current Board Vacancies
- Hot Springs County (1) seat for or low-income representatives or private sector
- Washakie County (1) seat for low-income representatives or private sector
- Big Horn County (1) seat for low-income representatives or private sector
- Park County no vacancies exist at this time
To request an application please contact our office at 833-444-9923. Applications must be received by November 30, 2018 at YCAN Attn.: Nominations Committee PO Box 600 Basin, Wyoming 82410. Elections for democratically selected positions will be held the week of December 3-6, 2018.