Get Help

How do I get help?

We provide assistance to permanent residents of the Big Horn Basin who have an income of 125% or below the poverty level. To avoid filling out unnecessary paperwork, please check your income eligibility before applying. The #1 reason applicants are denied is asking without checking to see if they qualify.   You can give us a call if you are unsure. 

You may apply for assistance on your own using the documents on our website, or make an appointment work with our staff to complete the application.  

The program is open Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday 9:00 am until noon by appointment to assist with the application process for permanent residents of our service area. You may also have an appointment by phone to complete the application.

We ask that you not put us in an awkward position by waiting until the last moment to ask for help. We are required to follow our processes to ensure that we are good stewards of our resources and that we are helping you in the best way possible. Customers who need immediate assistance will be evaluated for reasonable assistance.  All applicants must understand that we may not be able to help that same day as payments are processed once a week by an outside firm. 

What kind of help is avalible?

We provide rent, utility, depoist, doctor visit payment, vision screening, dental assisance, mental health visit, and minor transporation and emergnecy assistance (natural disaster, fire flood, fleeing violence).

Who is eligible?

    1. Permanent residents ( 1 year or longer) of our service area which includes (Big Horn County, Hot Springs County, Park County, and Washakie County in Wyoming)
    2. Household income for the past 30 days for all household members 18 and older must be at or below 125% of the FPL. 
    3. Services requested must be allowable. 
    4. Assistance is avalible ONE time per year, not to exceed TWO times in five years per household.

How do I apply? 

If you meet all of the program eligibility requirements listed above, you can click on the link and print the application at home or your public library. We can mail you a form on request by calling (307) 754-2073 or 833-444-9923. If we are not available, leave your name, number, and mailing address and we will get an application on its way to you!

Applications are also available at the Department of Family Services offices in Worland, Greybull, and Thermopolis.

  1. Complete the entire application and sign it.
  2. Make copies of all the required documents on the application instruction page.
  3. Fax or email the completed application to (307) 333-0610 or email to By mail to PO Box 600 Basin, Wyoming 82410.

Yellowstone Country Assistance Network Applicaiton 2019-2020

Landlord Verificaiton 2019-2020 YCAN

What do non-residents do?

Unfortunately, our agency cannot provide services to individuals living outside of our four-county service area. In Wyoming, we are fortunate to have community partners like Wyoming 211 to help you! Please call 1-888-425-738 or (2-1-1) to connect with the services you need.

ABOUT 2-1-1

Sometimes, Google isn’t enough. When you don’t know where to turn, what questions to ask or who to call, dial 2-1-1 and let our Community Resource Specialists help you get the help you need.

What is Wyoming 2-1-1 and how does it work?

Every hour of every day, people need essential services—from finding food and shelter to securing adequate care for a child or an aging parent.Faced with multiple agencies and nonprofits providing a broad range of social services, people often don’t know where to turn or how to start. In many cases, they end up going without these necessary services.

Wyoming 2-1-1 is a statewide helpline and website which provides free, confidential, health and human services information and referral.  By dialing 2-1-1 or visiting the website from anywhere in the state of Wyoming, people are linked to information about local resources, from both government and nonprofit agencies.