eligibility for assistance

  1. Anyone receiving services from Yellowstone Country Assistance Network must NOT have an income that exceeds 125% of the Federal Poverty Level for ALL household members age 18 and older for the past 30 days.
  2. Applicants must provide documented proof of gross income  (before deductions) for the past 30 days for ALL household members age 18 and older.
  3.  Income eligibility is determined by household Gross Income, before deductions, for the past 30 days.
  4. Any applicant over the income eligibility requirements will not be eligible to receive services.
Size of

Family Unit

125% FPL Monthly Amount Weekly Amount Hourly Amount
1  $15,613  $1,301.08  $300.25  $7.51
2  $21,138  $1,761.50  $406.50  $10.16
3  $26,663  $2,221.92  $512.75  $12.82
4  $32,187  $2,682.33  $619.00  $15.48
5  $37,713  $3,143.75  $725.25  $18.13
6  $43,238  $3,603.17  $831.50  $20.79
7  $48,763  $4,063.58  $937.75  $23.44
8  $54,288  $4,524.00  $1,044.00  $26.10
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $5,525 at 125% FPL.

How do I get help?

We provide assistance to permanent residents of the Big Horn Basin who have an income of 125% or below the poverty level. To avoid filling out unnecessary paperwork, please check your income eligibility above before applying.

We ask that you not put us in an awkward position by waiting until the last moment to ask for help. We are required to follow our processes to ensure that we are good stewards of our resources and that we are helping you in the best way possible. Customers who need immediate assistance will be evaluated for reasonable assistance.  All applicants must understand that we may not be able to help that same day as payments are processed once a week by an outside firm. 

What kind of help is avalible during the COVID-19 Crisis?

  • Rent, Utility, Medical,Visit and Perscription assistance is currently avalible for a one time emergency need when all other avalible resources have been exhausted.

Who is eligible?

    1. Permanent residents ( 1 year or longer) of our service area which includes (Big Horn County, Hot Springs County, Park County, and Washakie County in Wyoming)
    2. Household income for the past 30 days for all household members 18 and older must be at or below 125% of the FPL, and you must submit proof of income. 
    3. Services requested must be allowable (listed above) t, Utility, Medical,Visit and Perscription. 
    4. Assistance is avalible ONE time per year, not to exceed TWO times in five years per household.

How do I apply?

If you meet all of the program eligibility requirements listed above, you can click on the link and print the application at home.

Only use the COVID-19 Emergency Application if your need is direclty tied to the COVID-19 Crisis.

COVID-19 Emergency Application YCAN

All other applicants need to use or regular application for deposits, dental, vision, housing, transporation and any other needs that are not COVID-19 related.

Yellowstone Country Assistance Network App 2019-2020 revised 12.2.19

  1. Complete the entire application and sign it.
  2. Make copies of all the required documents on the application instruction page.
  3. Fax the completed application to (307) 333-0610. 

Don’t live in our service area?

Unfortunately, our agency cannot provide services to individuals living outside of our four-county service area. In Wyoming, we are fortunate to have community partners like Wyoming 211 to help you! Please call 1-888-425-738 or (2-1-1) to connect with the services you need.

Sometimes, Google isn’t enough. When you don’t know where to turn, what questions to ask or who to call, dial 2-1-1 and let our Community Resource Specialists help you get the help you need.